This position supports the daily operation of our rapidly growing Network Engineering Department. Successful candidate will design, implement, and manage complex networking and data applications systems in addition to developing new solutions for customers.
- Advanced VPN configuration, dynamic routing, network engineering and administration of large-scale enterprise network.
- Proactive maintenance and life-cycle support for three data centers.
- Advanced troubleshooting and customer support.
- Maintain current knowledge levels on existing production applications as well as acquire knowledge of emerging technology.
· Create and update network and systems documentation, including Microsoft Visio diagrams.
- Provides technical support for new project roll-outs.
- Train staff as needed for usage of new applications and/or services.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco routing/switching hardware platforms and associated network architecture.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, WAN technologies and routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP.
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot first hop redundancy protocols such as HSRP and VRRP.
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot MPLS/VRF.
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot VPN technologies such as IPSec, DMVPN and GETVPN.
- Ability to utilize SNMP-based network monitoring systems such as Solarwinds or OpenNMS for network troubleshooting and proactive monitoring.
- Experience with configuration and administration of Cisco ASA and Firepower security appliances.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi task in fast paced environment.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge with embedded Linux systems and Linux RHEL systems administration is a strong plus.
- Understanding of legacy communication protocols SNA, SDLC, Bisync and protocol conversion is helpful.
Education and Experience include:
Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science, plus 5 years of progressive experience as a network engineer or related occupation.
Experience with financial technology such as ATMs and POS terminals is a strong plus.
Ventus offers a competitive compensation package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance programs, complimentary gym membership, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, and generous paid time off.
Ventus is an equal opportunity employer
committed to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply